Clubroot symptoms include stunting, wilting, yellowing, and premature ripening of canola
plants (left), and the formation of clubroot galls on canola root (right)
Clubroot best management practices
● Clean your equipment between fields to minimize clubroot spread
into and between fields.
● Scout all canola fields regularly and examine plants for clubroot
symptoms (including the roots)
● Extend rotations to a minimum of a three-year rotation
● Use clubroot resistant varieties early and in extended rotations
● Control volunteer canola and other susceptible weeds
For more information : visit www.clubroot.ca or www.agriculture.gov.sk.ca.
If you have questions or suspect clubroot contact:
– Division 5 Plant Heath Officer (306-380-4526 or
– The Ministry of Agriculture Regional Office (306-446-7962);
– Agriculture Knowledge Center (1-866-457-2307).